Why and Where MSP is Implemented in Namibia? - MFMR
WHY AND WHERE MSP IS IMPLEMENTED IN NAMIBIA?
There is a growing range of industries in the Namibian ocean space. These need to be managed in a coordinated way, to avoid conflicts between marine uses and conflicts with the environment. Namibia is therefore implementing MSP to facilitate integrated management of human uses in the ocean.
- Marine Act, 2000 (Act 27 of 2000)
- Marine Regulations Relating to the Exploitation of Marine Resources
- Marine Resources Policy, 2004 - White Paper
- Application for Registration as Importer of Live Aquatic Organisms, Aquatic Organism Products or other Commodities
- Policy Statement (guidelines) for the Granting of Rights to Harvest Marine Resources and Allocation of Quota Revised
- Aquaculture Act